Sunday, October 10, 2010

Maripossa

Maripossa is an Australian-based jewelry company hatched from the creative mind of Lauren Besser. Lauren was kind enough to pass on some images from her latest collection, and every piece is one that I wish I had in my own jewelry box. 

Each piece takes Lauren anywhere from a few hours to a few days to make. Handwoven from a variety of materials like silver and copper, the textural element of each design is where the true beauty lies. Each handmade design comes with slight variations, ensuring that no two pieces are exactly alike. I just wish I could see the collection in person! 

The Svengali is my favorite. The distressed inspiration somehow remains feminine and fragile. This fall, I would wear this piece with a long sleeve maxi dress and the Jeffrey Campbell Lita boots!

Stay tuned! While currently stocked only in Australia, let's hope that Lauren opens up an e-commerce store for all her admirers overseas!

ROPED 
SVENGALI

QUARTZ CRYSTAL CLUSTER

ZEPHYR