Sunday, August 1, 2010

Zucca

This summer, as I strolled through the fashion-forward Tokyo neighborhoods of Harajuku and Shibuya, I sought out those unique and appealing "Made in Japan" designs that had always made Tokyo so special to me. It was apparent as I hit the third ZARA within a block radius that the European invasion had hit Tokyo with explosive power. Despite this recent change in consumer tastes, I knew La Foret in Harajuku would not disappoint. With six floors of cutting edge fashion from obscure Japanese labels (aside from the new Topshop side-store) and everything on sale for the month of July, La Foret was exactly what I was seeking. While I am a huge lover of Topshop and ZARA, I wish for Tokyo to remain how it has always been - a place where you can find unusual and unique looks that are impossible to find anywhere else.

Zucca is a favorite of mine - designer Akira Onozuka always gets it right.